Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Fishing Kayak - Tarpon 140


After doing a lot research on the internet, I decided that the Wilderness Systems brand of sit-on-top fishing kayaks was going to be my selection. All the reviews that I read told me that this was one of the best. All i had to do was to pick a boat. I especially liked the way the cockpit was laid out on the Tarpon series and the center rod holder. After making this choice, I looked for a Melbourne kayak rental location. I was in luck. Extreme Sports in Indian Harbor Beach sold and rented Wilderness System Kayaks.

EXTREME SPORTS
294 E EAU GALLIE BOULEVARD
INDIAN HARBOR BEACH, FL 32937
Phone: 321-779-4228

I was able to rent a Tarpon 140 sit-on-top kayak. I planned a test paddle in the 1,000 Islands area of Cocoa Beach. This was a great place to try out a kayak. The launch ramp is located at the end of Ramp Road. My Tarpon 140 has a dual rod holder system by Scotty. I get all my kayak accessories from Hook 1 - www.kayakfishinggear.com They carry a full line of Scotty kayak accessories.



No comments: